2/21/2007

Yes, I'm Fine

It's been over 2 weeks since I last posted. Yes, everything is fine. There are good reasons I haven't been blogging. It's not that there's nothing to blog about. There's plenty. But here are a few reasons that I simply haven't.
  1. I now have 6 different part-time jobs. I'm busy like crazy. There's no time to blog.
  2. Several of the new jobs involve a lot of time typing on the computer. These are translating and writing jobs primarily, plus I'm putting out a weekly Parsha sheet in the Modiin area. So I spend a lot of time working from home on my laptop, typing away. Blogging is first and foremost a hobby. If it doesn't provide much of a change of pace, then I'm not as motivated to do it.
  3. This is the worst reason of all, but there's some truth to it. I've gotten into '24', the TV show. It's become a relaxation activity, which takes time from other ones. At the same time, I've given up Literati. It seems as though I always have a need to balance a 'veg out' hobby with an intellectually stimulating one. Either way, '24' takes time.
I'm sure I'll get back to regularly scheduled blogging at some point. B"H, though, it's been busy. The idea of 6 different and somewhat varied jobs is actually very appealing to me - and very ADD. Hey, whatever works, right?

No comments: