6/14/2007

Goin’ Camping

This will most probably be my last post for a little while. We’re packing it up and leaving for the States on Motza”sh. We’ll be spending the next 2 months at Camp Moshava (Indian Orchard, Honesdale, PA). When we return, our first year of Aliyah will be over. Good bye and good riddance, I say. This was a very hard year professionally. If I tally it up, I probably had 10-12 different employers variously over the course of the year, not including special projects, and it was not enough. Next year will hopefully be much more stable.

So if you’re in Moshava for whatever reason, come say hello (except for on or immediately after July 21, when I’ll be totally absorbed in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) – preorder here if you haven’t yet).

Also, you may want to check out the Israel housing fair in the NY-NJ area next week. Dunno a thing about it, but you might be able to get a good idea of what’s out there. And there’s a lot out there.

A final thing. The seminary where I’ll be mashgiach ruchani next year has asked me to compile a list of seforim we’ll need in the Beit Midrash. What is essential for a seminary Beit Midrash (aside from the essentials – chumash, nach, Rambam, gemara)? Let’s hear.

No comments: