10/10/2007

Blogging from my Hospital Bed

Thank God, I was blessed with excellent health for the first 31 years of my life. Year #32 has seen the first time I was ever admitted into a hospital as a patient. I am blogging from my hospital bed at Hadassah-Ein Karem.

I went to the hospital yesterday afternoon because of a strange feeling that I had been having in my back and legs. I had even fallen, just fallen flat on the ground, twice. My local doctor advised me to go to the hospital to get it checked out. There are a few hypotheses that they are checking out, but the main working assumption is that I have a condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome. It's a bit scary, but generally runs its course. So I may be here in the hospital for a while - a month or more, even. I have the ability - and plenty of time - to blog, so I'll probably be posting fairly frequently, at least until the syndrome peaks and I am more or less debilitated. I'll update my status and prognosis as I can.

The last few days, I've been walking around like someone from the Ministry of Silly Walks:

No comments: